With a land area of 4,820 square kilometers, the province has lots of sights to see and places to visit, packing a full itinerary for any tourist planning to visit Bohol. Although Bohol may be synonymous with the Chocolate Hills, but that isn’t the only thing Bohol has to offer for every traveler that comes to this adventure-packed province.
If you are planning on having your own adventure in Bohol, here are the 8 famous tourist spots in Bohol: Chocolate Hills, Philippine Tarsier and Wildlife Sanctuary, Blood Compact Monument, Bamboo Hanging Bridge, Panglao Island, Loboc River, Danao Adventure Park and Baclayon Church.
- Chocolate Hills – This is the most famous and the most visited place in Bohol compares to the other tourists' spots in Bohol and it is undeniably true that this is indeed the most famous place to visit in Bohol. It is located in Carmen, Bohol and one of the lookouts is in Chocolate Hills Complex which is run by the government and it has an entrance fee of 50 pesos per person to help maintain the area. Another lookout site or viewing site in the Sagbayan Peak.
- Philippine Tarsier and Wildlife Sanctuary – Aside from the world class Chocolate hills, Bohol is also known for its tiny and cute monkey-looking creature which is Tarsier. Another thing to lookout for these creatures is when they leap to other trees up to 16 ft and when they turn their heads 360 degrees. You are allowed to take photos but you must turn off the flash of your camera or phones when taking photos.
- Blood Compact Monument – This monument is to commemorate the treaty that happened on 1565 between Datu Sikatuna and Spanish conquistador Miguel Lopez de Legazpi. It is located in Tagbilaran City in Bohol and you don’t have to pay for entrance fee. There’s a souvenir shops nearby in which you can buy ‘pasalubongs’ for a cheap price.
- Bamboo Hanging Bridge – The Bohol Hanging Bridge is a must-visit and it was dubbed by CNN as one of the Most Spectacular Foot Bridges in the World. It is located in Sevilla, Bohol and it has an entrance fee of 10 pesos per head. At the other side of the bridge, there’s a lot of shops that sells souvenirs which is perfect for your ‘pasalubongs’.
- Panglao Island – Panglao island is Bohol’s very own version of Boracay. It has pristine white sands and crystal-clear sea water. It has a site that is perfect for snorkeling and for scuba diving. It is located in Panglao Island, Bohol and is perfect for relaxing and family outing this summer.
- Loboc River – River cruising in Loboc River is another perfect adventure for those who loves to eat a nice meal on a floating restaurant. There’s a band also that plays Filipino hits and they will serenade you while you eat your meal of delicious Filipino dishes.
- Danao Adventure Park – This tourist spot in Bohol is an adventured packed with fun and challenges. It has extreme sport activities and thrilling attractions as well such as kayaking, rappelling, ziplines and off-road buggy driving. The Dana Adventure Park is perfect for family outing or for team building and also the perfect place for those who wants to experience something new.
- Baclayon Church – This is perfect for those who are into historical sites. The Baclayon Church is the oldest Christian settlement in Bohol island. This was officially declared as “National Cultural Treasure” and it attracts a lot of tourists each passing year.
If you are planning on visiting Bohol soon, be sure to add some of these places on your itinerary. You will surely have fun and excitement all over your place once you have visited these famous tourist spots in Bohol.